Labour Manager (Doncaster)
Civil Rail Solutions (CRS) currently have an exciting opportunity for a Labour Manager to join our expanding team at our new Regional Office, based in Doncaster, South Yorkshire
CRS are a well-established specialist recruitment company providing a wide spectrum of labour solutions to the Rail and Construction Industries.
THE DESIRABLE INDIVIDUAL:
With experience of managing a demanding client base & ideally from a rail background, you are passionate about recruitment and know the importance of impeccable customer management. You have the ability to engage well with people at all levels, both with colleagues and external resources. Bringing innovative ideas to the table, whilst ensuring the smooth running of your own resource desk, you will be key to the overall performance, smooth running & future growth of this core part of the CRS business.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Director, you will be responsible for the management of your projects to ensure that all client expectations are met. Experience at managing people is a must.
AS THE LABOUR MANAGER YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Allocate resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, assisting with disputes, and assisting with disciplinary procedures as/if required
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organisational objectives.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Analyse training needs to ensure that the correct employee is deployed for the correct job/task/activity.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports where requested, concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Plan, organise, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labour relations activities of an organisation.
- Represent organisation at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Negotiate bargaining agreements and help interpret labour contracts.
- Develop, administer and evaluate applicant tests.
- Rail recruitment experience
- Three years’ experience in a similar role within the rail industry
- Flexible approach to “get the job done”
- Effective team player who uses their initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- To be able to manage and prioritise your work
- Confident communicator
Competitive rate of pay
Additional on-call allowance
HOURS OF WORK
08:00am – 5:00pm Monday - Friday
- To work for an established & expanding successful business that rewards effort & results
- Career progression opportunities within an exciting growing business
- Competitive rates of pay
This is a very exciting career opportunity and is a great opening for an individual to place their unique stamp on a growing business. We are looking to attract highly motivated individuals. We are looking to hold interviews in the coming weeks, with the aim of on boarding the successful applicant at the earliest opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Rail Recruitment